1. Your behaviour in the courtroom today was rude, condescending, and hurtful.
2. Yes, I DO know what a prosecutor is and surprisingly enough, I understand that the prosecutor works for the District Attorney.
3. Next time we see one another (if there is a next time) please don’t look me up and down. I don’t judge your skirt and 3-inch heels so please don’t judge my pants and button-down shirt.
4. I’m surprised they didn’t cover “Common Courtesy” in law school. Generally when someone asks your name, the polite response is to smile and extend your hand while speaking your name. The IMPOLITE response is to ask me what I’m doing in the courtroom.
5. I understand that you have a JD AND a Bar Card but don’t assume that I’m not just as educated and intelligent as you are. You don’t know me and therefore you should refrain from making assumptions.
6. Does it bother you that I cried as I rode the elevator from the 10th to the 2nd floor? Are you ashamed that you humiliated me in front of other people? If not, you should be.
7. I’m a good and kind person and don’t deserve to be treated in a disrespectful manner.
I invite you to think about how your actions may affect other people. Ask yourself if the way you treated me today is the way YOU would like to be treated. I doubt it is.